This video describe 15 winners of major lottery jackpots, starting with Lani Bibal who won $522 million in June 2019 and chose the cash option of $340 million. Other winners include Richard Wall, a New Jersey native who won $533 million and chose the cash option of $324 million, and a family from Indiana who won $536 million and chose the cash option of $378 million. A group of 11 co-workers from California won $543 million and split the cash option of $29 million each, while Jane Doe from New Hampshire won $559.7 million but had to reveal her identity after accidentally signing the back of the ticket. Other winners include Marie Holmes from North Carolina, who won one-third of a $564 million jackpot, and Cindy and Mark Hill from Missouri, who won half of a $587.5 million jackpot and decided to retire early and give back to their community.
It discusses the top eight lottery winners in the US. Gloria won $590.5 million in 2013, but lost most of it five years later due to her son’s poor investments. Ira Curry and Steve Tran split a $648 million jackpot in 2013, with Curry winning $120 million and Tran winning $173 million after choosing the cash option. The “Three Amigos” from Maryland won $656 million in 2012, with each receiving around $150 million. Loren West and Robert Bailey won $687.8 million in 2018, with Bailey opting for the lump sum payment and receiving $125.3 million after taxes. Mavis L. Wansick won $758.7 million in 2017 by using her family members’ birthdays as winning numbers. Manuel Franco won $768.4 million in 2019, helping his family with college tuition. An anonymous winner from South Carolina won $1.5 billion in 2018, choosing to remain anonymous and receiving $878 million after taxes. Finally, three winning tickets split a record lottery prize of $1.586 billion in 2016, with Lisa and John Robinson, Marvin and Mae Acosta, and a trust fund each receiving $325 million after choosing the cash option.
– Let’s start the list with number 15: Lani Bibal, a sole winner from San Diego, California, who won the 522 million dollar prize back in June 2019.
– My heart was beating fast, said Bibal after finding out she had just won the jackpot.
– She even told lottery officials she felt luck coming her way and decided to hide the ticket inside a secret place which obviously no one knew about.
– After winning the 522 million dollars, Bibal chose to take the cash option of 340 million dollars.
– First thing she did was pay off debt and buy a new home.
– Number 14: Richard Wall, another sole winner. This New Jersey native won a 533 million dollar jackpot prize on March 30th, 2019.
– The 533 million dollars is the biggest lottery win claimed in the state of New Jersey.
– Eventually, he had to take the cash option and walked away with 324 million.
– First things he did was go on a vacation, give some to his relatives who were living paycheck to paycheck, and give some to his mother.
– Number 13: Warren D LLC, not the real family name because they wanted to protect their identity.
– This family from Cambridge, Indiana, won the jackpot prize of 536 million dollars back on July 8, 2016.
– But they chose the cash option of 378 million dollars instead.
– At that time, it was considered to be the largest amount won by a single ticket holder.
– Number 12: 11 co-workers ranging from 21 to 61 years old worked at a finance company in Santa Clara, California.
– The group confessed they normally wouldn’t play these kinds of lottery games, but they decided to give it a try since they paid only two dollars for the tickets.
– Choosing the option gave them 29 million dollars each after taxes.
– Number 11: Jane Doe, this woman filed a legal action to remain anonymous after winning 559.7 dollars.
– The New Hampshire native bought a ticket on January 6, 2018, but she accidentally signed the back of the ticket.
– First thing she did with the money was to pay off debt and give back to her community.
– Number 10: Marie Holmes and two more winners, a single mum from North Carolina, Marie won one third of the 564 million dollar jackpot back on February 11, 2015.
– To purchase a lottery ticket little did she know it would change her life.
– Gloria won 590.5 million dollars playing Powerball on May 18, 2013.
– Woods says that only five years after winning the money she lost almost everything because of her son’s bad investment decisions.
– A friendly advice for all the viewers watching this: value your money.
– Number seven: Ira Curry and Steve Tran.
– Ira Curry from Stone Mountain, Georgia, and Steve Tran, a delivery driver from California, split the 648 million jackpot prize back on December 17, 2013.
– She headed straight to the lottery headquarters after finding out she had won the jackpot, a complete opposite to Steve Tran who found out a month after it was announced.
– Curry chose the cash option and won 120 million dollars after federal taxes of 25% and 6% on state taxes.
– Tran also decided to take the cash option, 173 million dollars before federal taxes.
– Liking this video so far? If you do, hit that like button and let me know what you think of the first eight winners.
– We’re about to reveal the two billion dollar winners, so keep on watching to find out exactly how much money they actually pocketed.
– Number six: Three Amigos.
– Just as their nickname, these three friends held three winning tickets of the 656 million dollar jackpot on March 30th, 2012.
– In the end, each got around 150 million dollars.
– Number five: Loren West and Robert Bailey.
– West from Iowa and Bailey from New York won 687.8 million dollars on October 27th, 2018.
– Bailey opted for the lump sum payment, which trimmed down his 343.8 million dollars to 125.3 million dollars after taxes.
– Number four: Mavis L. Wanswick.
– On August 23rd, 2017, Mavis, the sole winner of the 758.7 million dollars, was just getting off to work when she got shocked by the news that she was now a multi-millionaire.
– Number three: Manuel Franco.
– Manuel, a 24-year-old guy from Wisconsin, won 768.4 million dollars back on March 27, 2019.
– The jackpot was the third largest in U.S. lottery history.
– The anonymous winner from South Carolina chose the cash option that guaranteed him or her 878 million dollars after taxes.
– Number one: Lisa and John Robinson, Marvin and May Acosta, and a trust fund.
– Three winning tickets split a record lottery ticket of 1 billion 586 million dollars on January 13, 2016.
– Each of the winners chose the cash option which entitled them to 325 million dollars.